Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dirty Dashin'...Dashin' Dirty

So for those of you who don't know, the Dirty Dash is a 10k race...all through MUD!!!! Yup, that's right folks 6.2 miles of nothin' but mud, dirt, and grime! So here's the deal I'm really not a runner...actually I despise it, but despite my negative feelings toward running...it didn't stop me from playing in 6.2 miles of mud! So, call me crazy, but yes I did go and run my legs off just so I could play in the mud and cross of two things on my bucket list which are:
1. Have a mud fight/play in mud. -Check
2. Run a 10k -Check
I'm weird and crazy to do such a thing I know, but the fact that I didn't have to be a serious runner for the 10k was what made me decide to to the Dirty Dash. So, yeah my legs were in sever pain for days after the race and yeah I may be built like a runner and hate it, but it was SO worth the time, energy and money to go run in the mud.
Will I do the Dirty Dash again next year? At first I was like, "HECK NO!!! There is NO freakin' way I'm running another 10k in my whole entire life EVER again!!!!" Then I got to thinking how much fun it would be to do again only I think I wanna be in better shape if I do, do it again next year. So, who knows if I'll do it again, but all I know is that it was quite the adventure and I am SO glad I did it.


All of us...all nice and clean before we headed off to our race.



We had nicknames on the back of our shirts.
Left to right: Chels, Stan, Lenard, Krazy Kay, and Mom.


Me and Kay all nice and clean before our run.


Me, Sara and Kay all muddy after the race!!!!!!!


I was totally covered in mud, but they had "showers" that we could
rinse off at before we left so we wouldn't get mud in our cars and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment