Well, it's a new year and my life as a college student continues. I went home for Christmas break, which was three weeks long, and it was so wonderful to just spend time with my family and have a break from the crazy college life. I love my family, they are so amazing and good to me and I really don't know what I would ever do with out them. This Christmas season I was really able to focus on the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice for me. I am truly blessed to have him in my life. He is one of my best friends and I know that he knows and loves me so much.
As I've been welcoming in the new year I've come up with a few new year resolutions. Here they are:
1. Stay Positive
2. Read my scriptures more
3. Have fun
4. Remember to Relax
5. Do well in school
6. Read a book a month
7. Exercise
8. Try something new
9. Make new friends
10. Do service for others
So those are just a few things I want to do. Last year I think I had get a kiss under the mistletoe, and well that one didn't happen so just for kicks lets put a kiss under the mistletoe down again. hahaha Call me cheesy I know, I'm a hopeless romantic...
11. Get a kiss under the mistletoe
Anyway life continues on here at BYU-I, I'm still a Sunday school teacher, which I love so much. I never thought I would say that I loved it, but I really do. I learn so much from studying for my lesson and from the people that come to my class. The thoughts and insights people have open my heart and mind in so many ways and truly strengthen my testimony.
This semester I am off track so I am working and taking a couple classes. One class I'm taking is D&C up on campus and the other is an online Child Development class. I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but Child Development is going to be my major. I hope to work with pre-schoolers. I love kids so much and don't know why I didn't figure out that I should go into Child Development sooner, but I've figured it out now so all is well. Also, I'm taking the D&C class, because that's what we're studying this year in Sunday school, so I thought well how helpful will this class be in my calling, also I love D&C too, so it's perfect.
So, yeah that's what's going on in my life,nothing too exciting just staying busy and having fun at the same time. I'm pretty sure we've had people over at our apartment every night since I've been back at school. It's so fun meeting and making new friends. I have a pretty good feeling that this semester's going to be a really fun one especially since half of us in our apartment are off track. So there will be lots of late night goofing around and funny moments. Granted there already have been plenty of those moments.
Oh and just real quick I want to mention five high lights from 2012.
1. Mat Kearney Concert
2. All of spring semester with some of the best people I have ever met and consider best friends now.
3. Oregon Coast with the family over summer break.
4. 50th, 20th, and 16th birthday party for my dad, my sister and I.
5. Christmas break with the family
I hope every one enjoyed 2012 as much as I did and are excited for this new year. Also, I'm pretty sure I'll be posting a lot more about my life this semester since I'm off track so I hope you look forward to upcoming posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment