Monday, January 23, 2012

Learning to be Patient

"Patience is a virtue my dear" ...one of the many things I am trying to work on...being patient is so difficult sometimes. Waiting for an answer to prayers, waiting for my life to really begin, waiting for an adventure in my life, waiting to figure out what I'm really going to major in, waiting to take an amazing trip somewhere I've never been before, waiting for the perfect man to waltz into my life or for me to waltz into his, waiting to be able to go through the temple, waiting, waiting, waiting...I feel like this stage in my life is all about waiting. It's kind of that awkward stage in life where no one really knows what they're doing, where they're going, where to even begin. It kind of sucks because I've always had direction in my life and now here I am a sitting duck waiting to find the right path to go down. Should I major in this? Should I take this class? Should I do this, should I do that? It's the time of life full of questions. It's the time of life where you really learn to be patient! Which is like I said one of the MANY things I'm working on. It is, however, I think my main focus right now. It's funny because I've always been told to never pray for patience, but guess who's been praying for patience anyway? Yup, this girl right here! And guess who's being tested on her patience? Yup, this girl right here! haha
My life is amazing don't get me wrong! I love my family, friends, job, the Gospel, my primary class, everything in my life couldn't be more perfect, but the same old routine is just getting to me. I need an adventure something different. I am home for 4 months and I am loving it, but while I'm home I want to do something different, out of the ordinary, fun, crazy, I don't know I just want a different perspective on life I guess.
My job, however, has helped me a little with a different perspective. I'm a care taker for one of the cutest kids on the planet. He's a DLC kid, and he might not have the most perfect speech, or the most perfect body, but he has a perfect spirit. He's a perfect child of God and the fact that he is blessed to be here on Earth and not be tempted by Satan, or if he makes the smallest mistake, he's automatically forgiven is so amazing to me. Being with him has humbled me so much! When I am with him I am with a perfect child of God. And while watching him and taking care of him, I know that I need to make sure that nothing happens to him because I am taking care of one of our Heavenly Fathers most perfect children. SO, that's one amazing thing that has happened while I've been home and I have loved every minute of it. Not only that, but I've been blessed to teach the CTR 5 class in primary and looking at them they are perfect children of God as well. I seriously look forward to every Sunday because I get to be with some of the cutest kids on the planet. Here's a picture of them actually. The lesson on Sunday was about Jesus and how we lived with Him and our Heavenly Father in Heaven and how we can live with them again! Their pictures are of them with Jesus. They are seriously SO cute!!!


From left to right: Bronson, Ezra, and Avery! Love these Kids!

So, yup life is good, I just need to learn to be patient! haha


Ok so I haven't be on here in two weeks so here are some pics of what I've been up to.

Ultimate Coloring, Ice Skating and Elder Holland!!!!

So, I saw this on Pinterest and wanted to try it. So, my sister, one of my best friends Kelsie, and I tried it a couple weekends ago! It was so cool!

This one is mine! It was really cool to watch all the crayons melt!

This one is Kelsie's!

She was so proud!

All three of them done! If we could hang them all up on a wall together it'd be so cool!

With our modern artwork!

Ok so I don't have any pictures of ice skating or of Elder Holland, but Friday night after the crayola thingy Kelsie and I went downtown to a regional singles activity where we she snuck in with me and we met up with one of my good friends Keith and his friends and we ice skated and had lots of fun. Especially me who fell about 5 times. hahaha Then on Sunday Elder Holland was in town and was talking to all the regional single adults and so Kelsie and my friend Jimmy snuck into that with me as well and we sat by Keith and his friends. Listening to Elder Holland was amazing and that whole weekend was SUPER fun!!!

WHAT WE KEENAN'S DO ON OUR DAY'S OFF!!!!

 Yes we are all coloring...and yes so is my dad! haha


Yes he is coloring! hahaha

Who would've thought he could actually color pretty well! haha


SNOWMOBILING!!!!

Sara, Charlie and I ready to go play in the snow!!!

Pulling the kids!

Miss Charlie Bell and I!

Sara, Charlie, Kelsie and I all bundled up and ready to go out again!

Kelsie and Sara ready to go!

Kelsie's turn to be pulled! She was a little nervous!

My turn to drive!!!

Love the snow!!!!

Welp, that's all I have! I hope every one's been having fun and enjoying the snow and lovely winter weather! Love you all!






No comments:

Post a Comment