Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Staying Positive in 2012

Well here we are it's 2012. A new year is always fresh and full of so much adventure just waiting to be discovered. Last year came and went and now it's a fresh start. A clean slate. We have the choice to make this year what ever we want it to be. Sure there will be some challenges along the way, but it's our choice and how we will overcome those challenges.
This last summer my mom had to go into the hospital unexpectedly due to an auto immune disease that took us all by surprise. Not really knowing the entire seriousness of the situation at the time, she could have almost died. But, the thought of her dying never entered into any of our minds. She was so positive and accepted everything that the doctors placed before her to help her get better. With her being in the hospital it was one of the most difficult experiences of my life. It was my senior summer and I was ready to have fun, but when she got sick, I had to grow up real fast and basically take over her roll as mom. It was so difficult I'll tell you that, but it helped me in so many ways! I knew how to cook, but I was having to cook full meals every night, and keep the house clean. Thank heavens for Grandma Keenan though. She came and stayed with us for 2 1/2 weeks teaching and showing me all the responsibilities that come with being a mom. But, it wasn't just that stuff I learned, I learned how to be independent and how to do things that would help me while I was away at college. Looking back on this experience we all stayed positive, no matter how hard things got or how close of a call everything was, staying positive was the goal.
So, with all that being said, it is my goal to stay positive this year. Come test, trial, or any scary moment that I will face, I want to try and stay as positive as I can. Trust me there are already a few things that I am worried about for this upcoming year, but staying positive is the goal in mind. In my last post I had mentioned a few of my new years resolutions, but I'm going to add some more things to the list.

New Years Resolutions:
-Finish a second semester of college
-Find something good/funny in every day
-Keep mom out of the hospital
-Stay Positive
-Smile everyday
-Figure out my major
-Get into better shape
-Try new things (for those of you who don't know me super well, I'm not a real dare devil, and I don't like to do things where I may get hurt, or will get bashed when I am out of my comfort zone. I am a gentle person. So, this one is going to take some work.)
-Get kissed under the mistletoe or on New Years Eve (This is a ridiculous one I know, but it's fun to have on my list. haha)
-Be more spontaneous
-Read more books
-Go somewhere I've never been before
-See something I've never seen before
-Learn to drive a stick shift (already done! I am very proud too! haha)
-Turn 20 on my golden birthday
-Find a job
-Help others constantly
-Learn a really hard song on the piano
-Find something to laugh at everyday

I think those are some good resolutions for now. I hope all ya'll decided to make this year a positive year and that you are able to find something good in every day. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment