Thursday, May 24, 2012

For Sheri

This post is in loving memory of one of the most amazing woman I have ever met, Sheri Bird.
For those of you who don't know, several weeks ago I received some very sad news. One of my young woman's leaders passed away the night of April 29th from a hard battle of brain cancer.
Sheri was one of the strongest and most amazing people I have ever met. She has literally been through everything. If I had one word to pick to describe her I wouldn't be able to choose.
Sheri was so full of love, laughter and ALWAYS had a smile on her face. Her laugh was so contagious and could light up a room within a matter of seconds.
She was always full of advice and knew exactly how to cheer someone up.
She was always concerned for others and never focused on herself. Every time I would go and visit her while she was sick, some of the first words out of her mouth where, "How's your mom?" or "How can I help you Lizzy Lou?"
She was beautiful, happy, loving, kind, and flat out amazing. She was like a second mom to me.
She always told me that I'm beautiful or in her words, "gorgeous," she always told me to love being tall because one day some really tall and handsome guy will actually be able to swoop me off my feet. haha
And when he did swoop me off my feet she would be there for me on my wedding day no matter what. I know with out a doubt that even with her being gone in person, she will be there for me in spirit when I get married.
Sheri was an amazing lady! She was full of the spirit and had an amazing love for the gospel.
She was one of my best friends and I miss her dearly. However, I know that she is very happy in heaven and that she is with her eternal companion. The reunion between the two of them must have been among one of the sweetest.
I love Sheri so very much, and although she isn't here in person, I can feel her with me in spirit. She's an angel watching over us all and I really can feel her with me each and every day.


I love you Sheri!
Thank you so much for all the amazing advice, laughs, tears and love.  

1 comment:

  1. I know how hard it is to receive news like this being far away. I know what a difference it makes to know that there is a Plan of Salvation and that this is not the end.
    I'm glad that you could write this tribute to her. You are an amazing young lady, Lizzy. I love you! 0ur love, hugs and prayers are with you. <3
    Rosy Griffin

    ReplyDelete