Friday, December 30, 2011

There's no Place like Home for the Holidays!

I have been home for two weeks now and I have loved every minute of it!!! I have eaten, slept, shopped, eaten, played games, opened presents, eaten some more, made treats, ate the treats, delivered treats, did I mention that I've eaten!!!!! Yeah it's good to be home I am so grateful to be home. The food has been especially good, there's nothing that can beat a hot home cooked meal. Any way, there's a new year approaching and looking back 2011 was an amazing year. Here are a few memories from the past year:
-Was in High School Play Fiddler on the Roof
-Went to Senior Prom
-Graduated from High School
-Spent half the summer in the hospital with mom helping her get better
-Went to College at BYU-Idaho
-Finished my 1st semester of College at BYU-Idaho

It has been an amazing year, but one of the toughest at that! Now for my New Years Resolutions:

-Finish a 2nd semester of College at BYU-Idaho
-Get in better shape
-Turn 20 on my Golden Birthday
-Figure out my major
-Keep mom out of the hospital! haha (love you mom!) :)
-Find a job
-Get a kiss under the mistletoe next Christmas

I think that's all reasonable stuff, don't ya think?! haha

Here's some stuff that's happened the past week:

1. Christmas was on Sunday and was lots of fun and very amazing.

2. I have eaten so much food I think I may explode.

3. I have an addiction to peanut brittle.

4. I got all my stuff unpacked and my room cleaned up. I am ready to live here for 4 months.

5. I need to find a job.

6. I want it to snow, and not just a skiff, I want a SNOW STORM!!!!

7. I would very much like to go somewhere tropical.

8. I think I've watched a movie almost every night since I've been home.

9. My sister and I have been having way too much fun!

10. One of my dear sweet young woman's leaders has moved to Boise to get proper treatment for the brain cancer that she has been battling for a year. I love her very much and wish her all the best of luck and my prayers are with her always. She will beat this. Here's a poem that makes me smile and think of her. 

What Cancer Cannot Do
Cancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot eat away peace.
It cannot destroy confidence.
It cannot kill friendship.
It cannot shut out memories.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot reduce eternal life.
It cannot quench the Spirit.
Love you Sheri!

No comments:

Post a Comment