Saturday, October 1, 2011

That crazy thing called: College

Welp, here I am ending my 3rd week of college and boy has it been an adventure so far. My 1st day of math I totally got lost and was late to class, I've tripped on everything around campus because everything here is on a slope, My roomate Staci and I made lemon popyseed muffins that were SOOO yummy (makayla kinda helped and I have yet to burn something), I've ran around like a crazy wild woman with my roomate Jacqueline, Makayla and I helped our roomate Sara get ready for a hot date and let me tell ya she looked smokin' hot, and Natalie and I have done nothing but laugh all the time! I am having so much fun here!
All my classes are amazing!!! I even like my math class...yup I just said I like my math class and no worries you don't need to check my temperature cuz Natalie is a nurse in training and has that one covered. haha Seriously though everything here is so amazing and spiritual and so focused on feeling the spirit and applying yourself in school. After being here for 3 weeks I have to say that the temple is my favorite part about campus. It doesn't matter where you are or how far away you are on campus because you can ALWAYS see the temple.
Just yesterday my roomates and I got up at 6am to go to the temple. We were all looking forward to going and couldn't stop talking about the temple on our way to it. Then the saddest thing of my life happend, right as we walked in I realize...I had totally forgot my recomend. STUPID!!! I know! I honestly couldn't believe it! I was so sad and dissapointed and upset because our sesson was going to start really soon. I couldn't help but sit down in the nearest chair and cry. How could I be such an idiot to forget the MOST important thing to enter the temple. As I sat there I realized how hard it must be for some people to not even be worthy to enter the temple and here I was worthy, but I had forgot my recommend. Then I realized how greatful I was that I'm able to enter the temple and to be in such a sacred and beautiful place.
As I sat there, still crying Makayla walked up to me and told me that we had to go and come back later because the wait was going to be 2 1/2 hrs before we could do anything and we both had class at 9am. Both of us decided, however that after we were done with classes that day we would go back for the last session. As the day went on I couldn't wait to go back and this time I FOR SURE wasn't going to forget my recommend. Once the time had arrived for Makayla and I to go to the temple we both got SO excited and I remembered my recommend. When we entered there was such a peace that came over me and right then and there I knew that my heart was in the right place in going to the temple. So, the moral of this story is NEVER EVER forget your recommend aaaannnnnddddd attend the temple!!!
So, yeah everything here is super fun, super crazy, and super awesome!!! I've been a little homesick though and I can't wait to see my family soon!!! Call me crazy, but I'm like counting down the weeks till christmas cuz that's when I get to go back to home to my family for a loooonnnnngggg time!!!

Our yummy muffins!!!!

Me, Kay and Staci before Mud Mayhem...

aaannnnd this is after Mud Mayhem!

Jacqueline and I being weird! haha

Me and Kay at the temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment