Monday, July 9, 2012

Comm 111 Post #2

Alight it's time for another yummy post!! Who's ready for something sweet? This girl right here is!!!

Recipe for the day is Hot Spiced Cider. I don't know why maybe it's wanting to be out of school and wanting to be home, but when I saw this recipe I just about died inside. I love apple cider especially in the fall time. It's the perfect treat for when you're cold and need to warm up really fast. So yeah here's my little fall splurge. Hope you enjoy!

                           Hot Spiced Cider

Makes 8 servings
Prep: 10 mins.
Cook: 10 mins.

cupsapple cider or apple juice
1/4 - 1/2 cuppacked brown sugar
6 stick cinnamon
teaspoonwhole allspice
1 teaspoonwhole cloves
Small apple slices

Directions
1. In a saucepan combine cider and brown sugar. For spice bag, tie cinnamon, allspice, and cloves in double layer of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth. Add the spice bag to the cider mixture.
2. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the spice bag; discard. Serve cider in mugs with small apple slices, if desired. Makes 8 (about 8-ounce) servings.

I have yet to try this apple cider recipe, but I'm sure it is excellent! What's even better is you poor it into an apple cup and it makes it more fun to drink and eat. It's like you get two treats in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment