Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Comm 111 Post #5




Well here we are again, another recipe. This one is another family favorite, we have it all the time, it's easy to make and is it simply delicious. This is my grandma Frandsen's easy and famous stroganoff. She would make this all the time when I was a kid and my mom has continued the tradition in making it all the time and now I make it as well. Although I am not huge fan of mushrooms, this recipe is still yummy. I hope you enjoy testing this one.

                 Gwen's Easy Stroganoff
1 can Campbell's condensed beef broth or 1 tsp. beef bouillon plus 1 cup water
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
1 small can mushrooms
Boneless Beef Sirloin Steak Strips (*I use 1 lb. ground beef).
Egg noodles (flat of corkscrew) cooked and drained.

In a large frying pan cook beef strips in 1 Tbsp. oil until browned and juices evaporate or ground beef breaking it up until it is no longer pink. Drain off fat. In the same pan add broth, mushroom soup, and mushrooms. Heat until bubbly. Turn off heat and stir in the sour cream. Serve hot over cooked egg noodles.

Along side having stroganoff, you can make some broccoli, green beans or another nice green vegetable to add some color to your meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment