Thursday, July 12, 2012

Comm 111 Post #8

In my last post I talked about the different fuits and veggies that are in season. Seeing as there were so many delicious items from the list I made I thought it would be fun to find a recipe that used a few of the itmes from that list. This recipe is off of LDS living and I thought it just looked so delicious. A few of the items from the list in this recipe are: onion, garlic, lemmon pepper, dried oregano, tomato, cucumber, and red bell pepers. This meal is not only healthy and colorful, but it's a perfect and easy summer meal that every family can love and enjoy. This dish is made in a slow cooker, however, anything and everything made in a slow cooker or crock pot is simply delicious! Not only that, but crock pot meals have got to be some of the easiest meals to make. All you do is throw all the items in and let it sit for a couple hours then it comes out perfect. Here's the recipe.

Greek Chicken Pita Folds
Makes 4 servings
7193· 1 medium onion, sliced
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
· 1½ teaspoons lemon pepper
· ½ teaspoon dried oregano
· ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
· 4 pita pocket breads
· ½ cup plain yogurt
· 1 tomato, sliced
· ½ cup chopped cucumber
· 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced in thin strips

1. In slow-cooker, combine onion, garlic, chicken, lemon pepper, oregano, and allspice; mix to coat chicken with seasoning.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 4–6 hours.
3. Heat pita bread as directed on package. Meanwhile, remove chicken from slow-cooker; place on cutting board. Using two forks, shred chicken.
4. To serve, stir yogurt into onion mixture in slow-cooker. Spoon chicken onto warm pita bread. With slotted spoon, transfer onion mixture onto chicken; top with tomato, cucumber, and red pepper strips.
 
Everyone should definitely try this recipe I know that when I go home for the summer, I'm going to make this meal for my family one night. It looks so wonderful, and easy. Easy is my favorite thing especially since I'm a poor college student and like my meals simple and easy to make. If anyone makes this before the summer's over, let me know how it turned out and tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment